A MONTHLY MESSAGE OF SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE
UTILIZING HOLY GHOST POWER IN UNSTABLE TIMES
Text: Acts 1:8, But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
WE TREAD “UNCHARTERED PATHS” THAT HAVE YET TO BE EXPLORED BY MANY OF TODAY’S BELIEVERS:
1. HEARING AND DOING GOD’S WORD – Is it not written? “Lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves” (James 1:21-22).
2. CONFESSING HOLY GHOST POWER OF PENTECOST – Is it not written? “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).
3. MAINTAINING UNWAVERING FAITH WHILE BLESSING GOD DAILY – Is it not written? “Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah” (Psalm 68:18-19).
4. REFUSING TO EXERCISE THE DOUBT OF OTHERS WHILE CONTENDING FOR THE FAITH THAT WAS ONCE DELIVERED UNTO THE SAINTS – Is it not written? “Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever” (Hebrews 13:7-8).
5. Proclaiming the unchangeable Word of God – Is it not written? “And Jesus said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected (completed my God-given assignment)” (Luke 13:32).
6. Proclaiming with unwavering faith that whatsoever we are asking is already done – Is it not written? “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5).
CONCLUSION: If you have met God and Jesus Christ in your own life, you have found God working according to His promises. We have no claims on God, He owes us nothing, and we deserve nothing, but judgment. In ourselves and our sinful weakness, we really have no right to come before God at all. But in the name of Jesus, when we grow near to God in that way, we can get whatsoever we ask, no matter how great it may be.
Is it not written? “Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease. Wilt thou be angry with us for ever? wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations? Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation” (Psalm 85:4-7)
CLICK HERE TO
VIEW THE MESSAGE